1. This pet food pantry is to be used as a temporary source of assistance
to individuals who are unable to work due to a permanent disability, low income, unable to find work and the elderly over
the age of 65 who are on a fixed income. All applicants must show proof of income.
You must submit proof that your household’s income is at or below 100% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Federal Poverty Level (FPL) Eligibility ≤ 100% FPL
Family Size (household)
Poverty Guideline 100%
additional person add $335.
You must submit proof of income, such as:
- A copy of the latest income tax return.
- A copy of the latest check stub.
- A letter signed by your employer which verifies employment.
- A letter signed by a social worker or employee of an agency helping you get other types of assistance that confirms your
- Other papers that provide proof of monthly income such as Social Security Award Letter, Unemployment check stub, and/or
Disability check stub.
- TANF/ Welfare Assistance, SNAP/Food stamps or Medicaid eligibility letter.
You are also required to show proof of Identification.
2. We do not supply pet food to farms, pet hoarders and breeders. The pantry is also not a source for prospective
pet parents who plan to get a new puppy, adopt a new rescue pet, foster a new pet or pet parents who may want to add additional
pets to the application that they cannot afford to have. We feel that taking on a new pet is a big responsibility and individuals
without the proper financial resource or support should not take on more than what they can afford to have or keep.
3. The amount of pet food received will be determined on a case by case basis. We must be fair to everyone and cannot
guarantee a certain amount of pet food based on the size of a pet or numbers of pets.
4. All participants must complete an application online. The application must be approved before receiving an order for
pet food. It's important to provide the correct email address and phone number. We will no longer approve applications if
the home address, email address and phone number is NOT correct. We will also check IDs to see if the address on the application
and ID are the same.
5. We ask that you provide a copy of each pet's current rabies certificate which also serves as verification for proof
of ownership. The name on the rabies certificate must match the name on the application and the applicant’s photo ID.
If a rabies certificate is not available, a vet record will be accepted.
6. Only one pet parent over the age of 18 per household may apply for assistance. We will not accept multiple applications
from the same household or same phone number.
7. Pet food is distributed once a month on specific distribution days.
Pet parents must call at least 3 days in advance to arrange for pick-up on distribution day.
8. No pets will be allowed in the building on distribution day. Also, pet parents are NOT allowed to wait in the
lobby. The waiting area is reserved for official police business.
9. Feed the Petz, Inc is unable to honor requests for specific types of pet food. We can only distribute the pet food
that are available to give.
10. Sorry, no deliveries available. Feed the Petz, Inc. is temporarily unable to deliver
until the pantry secures a van and insured volunteer driver for delivery.
11. For applicants needing delivery, it
is recommended that approved pet parent applicants ask a family member, friend, caregiver or neighbor to pick-up. The pet
parent must send a note giving third party permission to pick-up for them.
12. Some requests for additional assistance
may be subject to approval. We reserve the right to make decisions based on individual circumstances.
13. All pet food is donated and is not for sale, to be sold, traded or for bartering. We will terminate service to anyone
who sells, trade or barters pet food or pet related items that they receive from the Pantry.
14. Feed the Petz, Inc.
and our donors will not be responsible for any and all pet health issues that may have resulted from the consumption of donated
15. All applications become the property of Feed the Petz, Inc. once submitted online.
16. If a pet parent
has an appointment and is a “No Show”, there will be NO rescheduling without a valid excuse (e.g emergency room
visit, car accident etc.) We may ask for written proof is the applicant must reschedule.
17. Additional pets may not
be added to the application after it has been submitted.
18. No early birds on Distribution Day.
19. Volunteers are prohibited from submitting any application
for pet food assistance or receiving pet food assistance. This rule is in place to prevent misuse and abuse of the pantry,
personal benefit and conflict of interest.
20. Family Members and Friends of Volunteers are prohibited from submitting
an application for pet food assistance or receiving pet food assistance. This also includes individuals living with a volunteer
or persons that a volunteer may know.